DIY Electrics

Posted on October 19th, 2014


Some small jobs may not be required to be notified for Part P compliance. However,  if a safety certificate is required  and it is also a requirement to register the work with PartP building control the work must be carried out by a ‘competent person’.


The following should be noted:


  • Home owners who carry out their own electrical work should be aware that theywill need to provide an electrical certificate if they wish to subsequently rent out the house
  • If someone is injured or a property is damaged  the insurance may be  invalid  ifthe appropriate certification is not proved
  • Always ensure that your electrician is qualified under Part P certification
  • You can ask to see their documents and check with their registered body ie NICEIC
  • The appropriate certificate should always be provided to the customer upon completion of the work carried out


Electricity is dangerous and can kill.  Always call a suitably qualified electrician.

DIY Electrics1

DIY Electrics2


AJH Electricians, 50 Blenheim Gardens PO9 2PN. Tel: 07706 758630 or 03332 070 377 mobile friendly